Friday, May 18, 2018

Irregular Stripped Knitted Pullover


 Last winter I bought this sorted colours merino wool yarn in my nearest town, Lleida, at the Katia store. Unfortunately, they were closing it for good, and there was a 50% sale. They did not have 10 skeins of any colour, so I bought 2 deep red, 2 dusk pink, 2 green, 3 off white and 3 dark blue. I had seen an irregular stripped pullover in some add in the web, and I though it would be fun to reproduce it with different colours. 

Last january, when it was time to start the project, I could not find the add for the life of me, so I had to invent it! The only part I remebered was the white-blue even stripes at the top, so for the rest, I was changing colours whenever I felt  like it. That irregularity was much fun, everytime I changed colour I was happy and so the project went on very fast, hehe...

I followed the pattern of my other stripped merino wool pullover, (which I created following the grids in Ann Budd's The knitter Handy Book of Sweater Patterns) because I think it was perfect. I knitted on the round with cabled needles, a method I totaaaaaally love, becasue we do not have to purl, and becasue you get a seamless sweater at the end, which is perfect. 

For the sleeves, I reproduced the same stripes pattern, and then united it all to knit the yoke on the round. 
 When I finished knitting, I spent some time knotting and concealing the tails of all the colour changing, but thosw knots were only in one torno side and inside sleeves. 
I must confess I hate blocking sweaters. I do it, and it came out good, but it is a very scary moment when you take your 5-month-work out of the water totally mishaped. I am a new knitter, and I have never washed any of my sweaters yet, but I am quite scared of what will happen when a put them under water again.

I totally and absoultely love this pattern, and I think Ann Budd's book is a MUST for any knitter.
Here my Ravelry entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?