Saturday, March 3, 2018

Organic Stripped Cotton Dress

This is a simple make with a result I am not quite sure about yet...
I bought this organic cotton in The Village Haberdashery, London. 

I used my Universal T-shirt pattern again, in its hooded, 3/4 raglan sleeves, variation. I gave some flare to the skirt sides too.

The fabric is wonderful, so sweet to the skin you do not want to take it off. But maybe it was too soft for this make... I feel it lacks some stiffness... although it is very comfortable to wear, it clinks to my body revealing too much in a non-flattering way. Comparing it to one on my favourites, The Blue Velvet Dress, you can see what I mean. It is not up to it.
I could always cut it into a top, but I am still doubtful about it, so I will wait to see if I use it or not, but this is a project between parenthesis.



Update (May 2018): I have come to realize that this dress was not right... the fabric lacked weight and body to be a dress. So I decided to make a top out of it (which was the initial project anyway). I love it now:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?