Sunday, February 11, 2018

Concert Black Cotton Twill Pants


 I have always wanted these pants! Always! I had tried to buy some version of them in several occasions, but none of the versions were up to my expectations. These are! And I made them myself! Super-proud!
I love Rock&Roll and Metal, and "army pants" are part of my tribe. Boys find them in second hand stores, from army supplies, but those never fitted my curves, so of course I had to make them myself.

Probably the most important part of this success is the fabric. It is not easy to find a good cotton twill. In fact, this is the only one I have ever encountered (Lisboa), and believe that I've searched! I am still looking for the same fabric in army green, but that will be even more difficult. It seems they keep their twill only for industrial purposes.
In fact, this fabric is so gorgeous and inspiring, that after making my Borgen Suit with it, I sent my daddy for more to the Lisboa shop when he went there in one of his travels. And I'd buy more to make some pants for my boyfriend and some short version for me!


I was lucky to find the perfect pattern for these too. It was in Burda April '08, which has a "Safari Special", and the fitting was more than good, it was perfect (as usual with Burda). I had to enlarge them, and narrow the legs. I did not like the upper pockets and I made a different version to be just stitched over. Following my adviser opinion, I finally did not put them, but I still keep them, because one feels the need to put the hands into the pockets wearing these pants, although the leg pockets are awesome and you can put a tone of things there.

I decided to apply some snaps in the pockets' laps. Since I learnt to put them myself, I love to use metal snaps!
I love my concert pants, and I plan to wear them in many a gig, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?