Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Tailor's Ham

This is one of those projects one HAS to make but never finds the time. 
But finally time came. I had the sawdust (my carpenter gave me), the perfect fabric (cotton twill) and the pattern I found in the internet just googling it.
So, in a couple of sessions, I cut it (made it a little big bigger, I added seam allowances, supposing the pattern included them), stitched it in the machine, first the four darts, and then the whole thing except a mouth to feed the sawdust.
Then I put the sawdust inside. Then I pressed it down and I put some more, and more, and some more and some more yet. 
Finally, I hand sewed the mouth shut, dusted it off, and made it debut with the shirt dress I am nowadays making. I wasn't very confident during the process, but it turned out perfect! it's small, compact, nice to manage, with a wider and a smaller ends, and it proved very useful. I totally recommend this pattern, adding the seam allowance.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?