Saturday, November 21, 2015

Corduroy Pants for My Love / Pantalons de pana pel meu amor





Carlos wears corduroy pants to work -he is a postman- and he destroys them in a couple of seasons :-(, so I make sure to construct a couple of them every season. This is my own pattern and therefore a glove for my love's slim body. I used commercial patterns in the past, but I has to downgrade a couple of sizes and the result was not nice. It took some work to make the first, muslin included, but now I have by toile pattern and I can make this real quick. And the result is flawless, in fitting and execution (excuse my modesty:-). The procedures is the following: 
  1. Cutting and marking with tailor tucks
  2. Pockets
  3. Fly
  4. Interior legs with self-enclosed seams
  5. Exterior sides with self-enclosed seams (uncomfortable to sew)
  6. Belt rings and waist band
  7. Button and buttonhole.

El Carlos porta pantalons de pana a l'hivern per anar a treballar de carter. Així que cada tardor procuro fer-li'n al menys uns. Aquesta pana és gruixuda, de color gris fosc, molt bonica. Utilitzo el patró que jo mateixa vaig construïr amb les seves mides, i és perfecte, com si un sastre els hi fes a mida, i cada any anés a fer-se'n uns  de nous, hahaha! Ara que hi tinc pràctica, els faig en poques hores i el resultat és perfecte. Primer, tallar i marcar amb punts fluixos. Després, butxaques i cremallera. Camals interiors, amb costures entreficades i pespuntejades. El mateix ara pels camals exteriors, amb aqueslles costures tan incòmodes d'acabar, ja  que la cama ja està tancada, presilles, trinxa i botó. Aquest cop els he fet més llargs, perquè he comprovat que es van encongint amb les rentades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?