Monday, May 18, 2015

Jotera Outfit



This is the traditional dress for Aragon girls who dance its traditional dance: la jota. My two nieces are now five year old and they are training themselves to dance the jota, so we decided to make them the complete outfit. Since we have their birthday as the deadline and it is next week, we have to hurry hurry and their mom has distributed the work: granny is making the skirts and underskrits, I am making the overalls, the knee-breeches they wear under their underskirts and the bodice.
I copied a borrowed model, which with the overall was simple enough. With the knee-breeches, I followed the rub-off method I've learnt from this book.

Notice the pintucks all over the aprons and breeches. They are meant to be undone progresively as the kids grow up.
The completley reversible waistcoasts. I also used a model to rub-off, and enlarged it 10 cm after its fitting.

Here are my beautiful nieces wearing the complete outfit: white cotton blouse, knee breeches, underskirt, skirt, apron, wastcoat and shawl. They are ready to dance. Not a very practical outfit to exercise in june, but hey, it's tradition!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna comment?